Tuesday, November 20, 2007

THANKFUL

I am thankful for so many things. This Thanksgiving feels so different. I truly feel like it is a time when I genuinely am celebrating the blessings God has given me. I am thankful for my salvation and all that knowing Jesus entails. A life of abundant grace, knowing that I have the Holy Spirit who can help me to learn and know the scripture that can lead me. I am so thankful for the scripture that God has provided. I am thankful for the wisdom God has given others as they speak it to me. Thankful for a husband that knows and lives out the Word of God. I love when we talk, that he will say "The bible says, the Lord says" or is always referring to a Biblical principle. I thank God that I am in a church where the leaders are grounded in the Word, the Truth and they live it. Thank you Lord for that. I've lived it out differently before so I am thankful for the truth now. I am thankful for friends who lovingly correct me because they love the Lord more than me. Besides having shelter, meals everyday (too many actually) healthy family, a great school system and the many things in my life that are privileges--it's almost shameful at how great life can be. I am thankful for contentness in life because of Jesus Christ and the sacrifice he gave for me. So completely undeserving, but thankful me.

Eph 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;

2Pe 1:3 seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence

No comments: