Thursday, April 3, 2008

Turning Six in Spring!



As you can see he has had six birthdays! Oh my goodness, I can't believe my honey pie is six.
He is such a fun little boy. I wish I could post all his funny clothes pics, but I wouldn't want to embarass him. He is well known for camouflage and cowboy boots by all who know him. And, anyone who knows him knows he'll go with just some boxer briefs as long as he can when he's home. We're homeschooling next year and all he talks about is how cool it is that we'll homeschool in underpants. I don't think so! I love my little guy who came into the world a week early weighing a whopping 9 pounds 13.6 ounces. Yikes, I gave birth to a toddler! He didn't speak until he was three as he had a numb tongue and it was difficult to cope--but God answered our prayers and once he was able to speak it was in three syllable words in full well spoken sentences! He is a smart little guy and has a crazy sense of humor--he often has us all in tears with his quick one liners. I love him to pieces.
This year we opted for his first party out at a kids' place--it was great fun and I loved that there was a host and I could actually socialize! Well worth the money spent!

I went into the classroom and did a fun edible plant project with the kids which seemed enjoyable! Pudding for the dirt, crushed oreos as topsoil, gummy worms for uh yeah worms! etc etc.


HERE WE GO BIRTH THROUGH 5TH BIRTHDAYS...

Turns out our chunky monkey was sick with RSV...but we didn't know it at the time.



He was already potty trained for months at this age. I said, "Big boys go on the toilet and don't wear diapers" when he was just over two. He nodded and never wore a diaper again.
No lie. He's just that way...
I think, yes, I know, I am wearing the same shirt in his 2nd birthday pic as I am in his 3rd birthday pic, hmmm...heeee heeee ooh and maybe the same pants.
If you notice above-- fourth birthday pic--he NOTICED in his peculiar little-everything-in-its place-kind-of-way that he has, that one candle was not lit. Do you see it? That one little stinker that I missed!? Well, when we finished singing he just couldn't make a wish and blow it out because well that just wouldn't be right since all the candles weren't lit properly. So, he tried desperately to get my attention and I was unaware. So, in order to get my attention, he tried pointing at it and ended up burning his hand on another candle. Hence the crying and the icepack in the following pic. Poor baby. I was just a few months from having baby boy three here. A new baby taking away mommy's attention and you fail to light all my candles? The nerve!
Birthday five was a St.Patty's Day celebration and everyone wore green, we ate green, everything was GREEN. It was fun, we used the community room at my church and played music for the kids to dance and played fun games. It was a nice traditional party.

I'm very thankful for my boys and privileged to be their mommy.








5 comments:

Fifi said...

Happy Happy to him!!! MrGee said he was such a character...... and enjoyed him emensely!
Horrible how time just escapes our grasp!
But having said that..... I am SO enjoying WizzKid as he enters Teenagehood. Every stage is wonderful!

Kim said...

Aww, happy birthday!!! He's so sweet. Love the photos. I did a similar 'tribute' to my son as well. He turned 13 last week - oh my, a teen already. Our children are so special and looking back at old photos bring back so many memories!!

Hugs,
Elinor

JavaMama said...

Wow, what an amazing BIG 6 year old you have!! He is super cute. I *really* enjoyed listening to your heart glissen as it wrung out all the love for such a beautiful God given blessing of a boy!

You are a beautiful mother! Enjoy your littles.

(still praying btw)

JOYfully in Him,
Kelli

sara said...

Happy B-day!!! Very cute pictures!

Mrs. Guthrie said...

Happy Birthday!! He's a doll! :)