Wednesday, July 16, 2008

THE CAR CAKE...he does loves cars and this was no exception

Homemade pound cake...sliced a little here...trimmed a little there. It's a start.This actually stayed in one piece when I flipped it, a miracle in itself!
OK, so two and one half 9x13 cakes. Looks like the start to a roadway.
I started to get a little excited after I did this. I usually RUIN cakes!
Take the little end piece that I sliced off, add a little white frosting and voila, it's a windshield!

The final results. Complete with custom Canada mints headlights, brakelights, a custom license plate in the front and one in the rear. Grass and rocks to boot along the highway. Kewl. It actually came out better than I thought. Like I said, I usually RUIN cakes. It might be sloppy, but my baby loved it. "Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep"






5 comments:

mamãe said...

Thanks for the comment in my blog! Your family looks great, too. What cute boys you have!

And that cake came out great. I'm planning right now for the upcoming birthdays (both in August).

Beth@Pages of Our Life said...

Okay,

Can you make one for me now! LOL That is awesome! I have to do the same thing this month.

Fifi said...

That is brilliant...... clever you!!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say that cake is awesome! What a wonderful job!!

Kim said...

Oh how fun! I love the cake, you did an awesome job on it!! We've had some pretty fun ones too. Isn't it amazing what you'll do for your kids?!? Gotta love it.

Hope your birthday party was a smashing success!

Hugs,
Elinor