Thursday, November 19, 2009

Inuit Soap Carving

What I love about My Father's World is that it is a Unit Study (as well as classical and Charlotte Mason.) The last two weeks, we studied Canada. So, as part of Art, we learned about how young Inuits learn the art of carving by starting with soap carving. My boys absolutely loved it.
It was messy, but worth the clean up, no pun intended. It wasn't easy to clean up! Perhaps next time, I'll plan to just lather up that soap and wash the floor with it. Much easier than sweeping it up.
The book above is The Book of Animals.
The book above, Global Art, is a part of the curriculum. I love it.
MESSY:



3 comments:

Fifi said...

J. looks focused in the last pic ... he looks like he takes schooling very seriously!!!hehe

Mrs. Guthrie said...

Great!! :) I think my littles would love it......

Beth@Pages of Our Life said...

This looks like a fun activity. I can see why your boys love it.

My your boys have grown! I've missed you too. I was just thinking about you the other day. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is not regularly posting. We have been very busy with other things too.

I'm glad things are going well for you and that the workbox system has been a blessing to your homeschool.

Hugs,

Beth