Sunday, July 29, 2012

BORN 1912, MY GRAM

Today my Gram would have been 100 years old. I always thought we would have celebrated with her, but, sadly, she passed a few years ago. My Gram was one tough bird, a little rough around the edges, but if you spent enough time with her she was tender hearted. She pinched her pennies and justified an early afternoon drink by calling it a cocktail. She always quoted a doctor or an article to give you some sort of advice, always wore a skirt, loved lemon meringue pie and used a handheld, weaved fan to cool herself off. When I wore a ponytail or chewed gum, she'd tell me I looked like a peasant (now I find it funny) and she taught my then two-year-old Dylan to politely shake her hand and say, "how do you do?" in a voice that made you think she grew up at The Breakers (she kind of did.) She also remembered every single birthday of every family member. 
If you're blessed enough to still have a grandparent with you, give them some extra love today. 

No comments: