Friday, August 3, 2012

PESTO


This great pesto recipe is from a good friend, Carol who said she got it from the Moosewood Cookbook.
When I made it I wasn't sure if by 3 cups of basil, it meant jam-packed cups or loosely packed. So, I played it by ear and used 6 loosely packed cups. I like how mine came out. Carol had served her pesto over a spread out block of cream cheese to be used as a cracker dip. Ay May Zing!
I put about half of mine in a ziploc and froze it for another time. With it being BASIL season, I feel like this recipe is going to be a staple for me! You can put pesto over pasta, veggies, potatoes, chicken, etc.

This photo was taken after the fact. Grrrr. I hadn't thought to photograph it until we had almost demolished the bowl. It doesn't look like the most appetizing thing, but it is very savory!

Pesto

3 c. cleaned basil leaves(no stems)
5 large cloves of garlic( or to taste)
3/4 c. parmesan cheese
1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
2 T. butter, melted
salt to taste

Place all above ingredients in a food processor.  Pulse or blend till creamy to your desired consistency.

1 comment:

Fifi said...

Sounds delicious!!!