Thursday, January 3, 2008

HUBBY'S B-DAY



Today is my husband's 36th birthday...old man! Just Kidding! I'm only 3 years behind!
He is such an incredible guy and I can't wait to sing for him tonight with the boys and spoil him.
I have a few surprises up my sleeve for him. He thinks it's just having a special dinner, but we'll see!
I've been thinking about what I want to say to him, but I can't even think it through without tearing up. He's the love of my life and I know I am blessed for that reason alone. When I think of him, I get this little love pang in my chest. He's too good to me, too nice to me, too loving and caring to me.
He had taken the men's ministry in our church to a new level and it's incredibly inspiring. He's so driven to get the other men to follow after God and to grow in Christlikeness. He will spend hours calling men before an event (one that he usually has organized) just to put a spark there to make the difference to get them to attend. He always says, if he can just get them to go, they'll form a relationship, they'll hear the Word, they'll get interested and it may just be the step they need to take. God has used him and I know he lives for the Lord. He makes sure he is fed each day, he loves it and lives it. I'm shocked at how God has changed him. I used to lie in bed next to him at night and when he'd fall asleep, I'd put my hand on his head and pray, "God, please let him be the man of God you've called him to be, Lord I know you can use him, I know there's more for him." I had faith that God would answer that prayer--and in no way do I take credit for what Jesus has clearly accomplished for him--but I never knew God would go above and beyond. I had sort of resigned to just living out my faith regardless of where my husband was. And then...well we lost two babies two years in a row. And, somehow in the midst of all that--God began to change both of us. Now my husband preaches the Word of God that he lives (periodically), leads communion service, leads a strong men's bible study that is completely word focused. But, even with all that aside, he's a dedicated husband and father. I couldn't ask for a better man to raise children with. He loves his children like there is no tomorrow! They have so much fun together too (as you can see in the first pic of "bubblewrap wars".) He's a great dad and example to them.
It is mindboggling though, just how must my man has been transformed. He truly is a Christian. He truly loves the church, He lives for Christ.
What an inspiration he is to me.
I genuinely thank God for this man. Not only is he the absolute love of my life, he's better than I could have ever imagined and I am so grateful. (And, he's so nice to look at!)




6 comments:

Mike said...

Tell you husband that I am proud of his dedication for his wife, his family, men's ministry and God.

Mike Ellis
Church for Men Florida

sara said...

Awww what a sweet post for your husband! Happy B-day to him! :)

Kim said...

Happy Birthday to Katie's hubby! You're not old...so don't listen to her. ha ha (I'm older than you, that's why I said that!)

Katie, that was such a nice writeup about your dear hubby. You can tell you're so in love with him!!

Thanks for the fun comments on my blog. It's been quiet these days, so I appreciate you stopping by to comment! = )

Hugs!
Elinor

JavaMama said...

Happy Belated Birthday to your Hubby! God has blessed you with an amazing man. Praise Him!!

JOYfully in Him,
Kelli

Fifi said...

I'm sure he had a good birthday..... are you letting on as to what the later surprises were????? teehee
What beautiful words..... You and him were DEFINATELY destined to be! What a story you guys are! Love ya both!

Tonya said...

love the sentiment here...

the people we share our lives with are everything...and I am so glad he is YOUR everything!

Looks like a fun b-day...and you have got me craving swedish fish!

Tonya