Wednesday, January 23, 2008

INSPIRED!

I have recently started to paint and be inspired again, thanks to the many blogs I've viewed where women are showcasing their own works of art. I really feel inspired about this. Although I am new at this blogging thing, I'm trying to figure out the purpose of my blog. Well, I still don't know quite yet...however, I am finding that I have become very encouraged in being a daughter of Christ, a wife, a mother, friend and so on through many of the blogs that I have come across. We have been remodeling our home for the past few years, with a surprise baby arriving smack at the beginning and life and the house turned upside down. I barely had the energy to even consider doing anything! We are slowly but surely finishing it and I feel like I am finally coming around and getting the desire to sort it all out. I want my home to be a sanctuary for my family. I truly believe in my role of wife and mother and now I'm finally catching up to the reality of it. Even just spending a few minutes here and there during a break in my day and I become aware of many possibilites, different ideas--it's amazing. What a blessing. The Christian blogs are just beautiful as well. So many Christian women who are so devoted--and to the truth of the Word...what an awesome encouragement. Especially in the winter here in New England with a baby, we are definitely more couped up than I'd prefer...so this has been serving as a tremendous outlet.


Thank you so much to all my bloggy friends. A special thanks to Fee for encouraging me to get started on a blog. Your simple words of "I wonder why don't you have a blog" really got me thinking of doing it, so thank you!
From so many of you I've learned--a good post usually includes pics....I'm attaching some pics of items I've done in the past using a crackle medium or a simple distress. The tables were just plain wood tables that got so nicked up and worn from use, I thought...let's cover that up!





2 comments:

Mrs. Guthrie said...

LOVE IT!!! :)

The Nester said...

I want those tables NoW!

Nice work, you should post everything you make!