Monday, March 16, 2009

A Recent Prayer Request

Here is a prayer request I put through to my church's online prayer chain. This is a less dramatic way of sharing what my family is going through. Oh, how I am learning compassion.
My father is coming home today [from the hospital.] Please keep my mom and dad in your prayers. My dad has been diagnosed with dementia so this is an entirely new thing for my mom. Some days he is himself, but he is progressively having more off days. Along with his diabetes, he also has congestive heart failure as well as calcified arteries that they are saying are too hardened for a safe surgery. There are many things to sort out as you can imagine. We know God is in control and He is good--all the time. I wanted to just add this verse...Rom 5:3...but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; Rom 5:4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. Rom 5:5 And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. Rom 5:6 You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Rom 5:7 Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. Rom 5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.Thank you Liberty family for your prayers.
Katrina

2 comments:

Fifi said...

Oh Katrina ..... so sorry to hear this.... He and your whole family will be in my prayers.

Love Fee
x

JavaMama said...

Katrina, I will keep your mother and father in my prayers. I am in a similiar sitaution myself. My grandparents who raised me are going through something of the same. My grandfather is on Hospice and daily declining. I know that God is in control but it is hard to see him so tired and not able to breath on his own and my grandma is having a very hard time I can tell although she tries to be strong. Please, keep me updated.

JOYfully in Him,
Kelli