Sunday, September 14, 2008

isms

Sixisms--thoughts from my six year old rough, tough and clever boy.


When explaining Creation to Daddy...
"So...then God got tired of working in the dark and he separated the darkness from the light."


As he came running out of the bathroom before bed...
"Mom, mom, I just did something really cool...when I was using my mouthwash, I spit it out in to the toilet and then I peed in there and I made it green--it was so cool, Mom!"



"Dude, look at this, it's so cool!"



When his older brother asked me what it means when God says 'not to pray in the streets, but to pray in your closet...' as this was something he heard recently...

"It means, don't be a show-off!"
Yes, he's six and yes, he understands something most adults don't.


"Poop"
He wouldn't be a six year old boy if he didn't think this word was hilarious.


And, when he was only four and I went away for the weekend during my pregnancy...upon my return he said:
"Mom, I was thinking about you, I was thinking about you and your baby."



3 comments:

Fifi said...

Oh my that toilet experiment is so funny!!!! Kids keep us SOOOO grounded..... I love that!

JavaMama said...

Aren't boys awesome!! I loved the one about creation, tooooo cute and creative. I would have never thought of that.

JOYfully in Him,
Kelli

Mrs. Guthrie said...

*roflol* oh man, he sounds adorable!!! :) I love that he got the idea that God doesn't want us "showing off". AWESOME! :)