Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Update on Curriculum

I am loving My Father's World curriculum. It's just so...right there, get to work, get it done.
I am beginning the day using Christian Liberty Press' Studying God's Word though, which isn't part of the curriculum. I don't know how I'll work in the science I had planned, but we had a blast going through the MFW science stuff already.

Right now, the biggest challenge is finding extracurricular activities that aren't too costly. I wrote to the local Parks & Rec Ctr to ask for something to be implemented. We'll see.

What has been the biggest blessing is the Morning Routine Chart that I got from that wonderful mom over at Hillside Academy. My boys get up and just get right to the chart chores in the routine. On the first Saturday my middle boy came in and asked if he had to do his morning routine...I give them the weekends off. So cute.
Katherine from Cornerstone Academy has been such a blessing with advice and checking in on me with the MFW change.

Check them out on my blogroll.
Thanks Ladies!

2 comments:

Beth@Pages of Our Life said...

I was just thinking of you today! Glad things are humming away for you. Do you have a YMCA? We had one once and enjoyed going swimming inside for a change of pace.

Kim said...

Sounds like you've got a great routine going! I personally can't function without a schedule. It is not set in stone though...we use it mainly as guideline for our day.

Have a great rest of the week and I hope you find something 'extra' to do for your kiddos. I wish I knew what was up your way so I could help you out more.

Elinor